CALIBRATION OF GAS DETECTOR
Unlike other electrical or mechanical measuring equipment, gas detectors belong to consumable measuring equipment. Due to the reason that the sensor is electrolysed, each measurement, the amount of chemicals in the sensor will change, resulting in a response to a certain gas concentration also changes. That is why the manufacturer recommends calibration of your gas detector at least once every 6 months. And if the frequency of use is more, calibration of the machine more, like once a month.
To calibate the BW Honeywell GasAlertMicroClip XL gas detector we need to prepare:
- 1 gas bottle is still valid, containing 25ppm H2S, 100ppm CO, 2.5%CH4 (50%LEL), 18% O2 and N2 base gas.
- 1 exhaust valve for 0.5L/Min air bottle
- 1 piece of hose about 30cm
- 1 calibration cap that fits GasAlertMicroClip XL
Steps to follow:
- Done in clean air area (to remain Zero)
- Battery filling machine
- Step 1: Open the machine to operate normally for about 2 minutes
- Step 2: Press and hold the power button until the machine is completely turned off, do not release your hands, but hold on to enter the calibration program
- Step 3: Auto Zero Automatic Machine
- B4: Apply Gas machine, we insert the shooting cap into the machine, open the gas bottle valve
- Step 5: Sit and wait for the Auto Span (about 2 minutes)
- Step 6: When the machine says to close the gas bottle valve 60s, we close the gas bottle valve and remove the cap.
- B7: The newspaper is finished and the Cal due newspaper 180 days is done.
- B8: Check the gas bottle valve lock, remove the valve, remove the hose, finish the work
Conducted by TES Industry