Preparation of tools:
- Gas detector (Check there are no sensor errors, replace or fix damaged parts if any)
- Standard gas caner with the same composition in the gas detector (or more components but without cross reaction)
- Exhaust valve for gas cane
- Calibration hose (usually accompanied by new gas detectors)
- Calibration cap (usually accompanied by a gas detector)
Steps to follow:
- First: Check if the calibration mark in the machine has matched the gas bottle? If not, it is necessary to watch the MSA Altair 4XR Installation Video
- Step 1: Pre-install valves, air duct and shooting cap in the gas bottle (not opened the valve)
- Step 2: Enable calibration on the MSA Altair 4XR by pressing and holding the button up for 3s
- Step 3: The meter enters the 0 (zero) mark calibration, presses the power button to confirm and waits for the machine to self-correct the 0 mark
- Step 4: After calibration of the 0 mark (if pass), the machine asks if there is a Span marker calibration, press the power button to confirm yes
- Step 5: Insert the calibration cap into the machine, and open the gas bottle valve and wait for the machine to self-calibration.
- Step 6: If pass calibration, Pass alarm and remove the shutter cap, close the gas bottle valve, finish the calibration part.
Conducted by TES Industry