Working principle of Radar-type bunker level measurement system
- This is a continuous monitoring system of gasoline/chemical levels in the cargo cellar. The Radar sensor is mounted on top of the cargo tunnel, which detects pulses to the bottom of the row, the surface of the goods will reflect this pulse and the reflected signal is recorded by the sensor’s antenna. Based on measuring the time between the passing and returning waves, knowing in advance the wave velocity we will get the distance from the sensor to the surface of the goods. This distance data will be transmitted to the center by digital or analog signal then displayed on the center as distance, level or volume of goods in the tanker/chemical cargo bunker.
Refer to the continuous level measurement systems of the cargo according to other principles.
- Power supply: 220VAC and DC24V
- Output signal: 4~20mA HART or PROFIBUS, 2wires
- Accuracy: 0.2%FS, 0.5%FS
- Security level: IP67
- Explosion-level: Exia IICT6
- Registration approval: CCS, GL, NK
Features of radar-style bunker level measurement system
- Approved by various national registers: CCS, GL, NK
- Large measuring range, up to: 35m
- Contactless measurement method, reduce physical wear and tear – chemistry
- Maximum temperature of measured goods: 400oC, Operating maximum pressure: 100 Bar
- Minimize the harm of environmental factors.
- High resolution (line splitting), less drift, Echo noise processing with advanced algorithms.
- Unaffected by temperature, pressure, gas, wind or vapor environments.
- Install and handle errors with: PLICSCOM, VEGA PC DTM