- As we know, no matter what job we do, in any area, in the working and working environment, the issue of occupational safety is always the top priority. More specifically, when it is directly related to the safety of workers, it can lead to serious consequences, which can lead to death if not properly concerned, in accordance with standards and regulations.
- In the field of occupational safety, there are many devices to ensure workers are always the best protected. However, in this series, we would only like to state an important type of equipment that protects workers from the dangers caused by toxic gases, flammable gases and an excess or deficiency of O2 concentrations in the working environment, which is a handheld toxic gas leak meter.
Part 1 – Overview of handheld toxic gas detectors
- A handheld toxic gas detector is a device that detects the presence of gases in an area, usually like part of a safety system. This type of device is used to detect gas leakage and is connected to a control system so that a process can automatically stop. A toxic gas detection machine can sound a warning so that workers in the area where gas leakage is arise have a chance to exit the hazardous area.
- These toxic gas measuring devices are important because there are many gases that can be harmful to organic life, such as humans and animals.
- Toxic gas detectors can be used to detect flammable gases, detect toxic gases, and detect deterioration of O2 gas concentrations. These toxic gas measuring devices are widely used in industrial industries and can be found in areas such as rigs, to monitor production processes, new technologies such as photoematic technologies. It can also be used in fire.
- Gas leak detection is the process of identifying the possibility of toxic gas leakage by gas measuring sensors.Toxic gas sensors always use an audio alert to alert people when a gas hazard is detected.
- Common toxic gas measurement sensors include infrared sensors, ultrasonic sensors, electrolysed sensors, and semiconductor sensors. More recently, infrared sensors have been put into use. All of these toxic gas measuring sensors are widely used in applications and can be found in industrial plants, refineries, wastewater treatment, vehicles and homes.
- Toxic gas detectors, simply understood as those used to detect leaks, the presence of gases present in habitats, living and working environments. Most gases that are harmful to health and risk the safety of workers in the workplace should be detected early.
- With the integration of one or more toxic gas sensors in the same gas detector, the toxic gas detector can detect many different gases in the environment at the same time, most noting the 4 standard gases CO, H2S, LEL, O2.
- Gas meters are integrated with different types of alerts, with the aim of fast, clear warning of gas hazards for users to recognize quickly. Promptly escape from dangerous areas, ensuring labor safety.
- Along with that, many toxic gas detectors also have different alert levels, according to many levels, depending on the standards of the plants given, so that users have the appropriate awareness for their environment.
by TES Industry