The oil and gas industry is a dangerous workplace, and managing hazards is a central issue. For the executive, the plan to maintain a high level of safety is of greatest concern. The most obvious and obvious threat is the leakage and combustion of flammable gases. With toxic gases during production and processing, operators regularly face the risk of dispersing and exposure to flammable and toxic liquids.
Each scene is different, Crowcon uses dedicated gas detection knowledge to provide fixed gas measurement systems to ensure the best protection suitable for each location. Working closely with partners to understand the exact requirements is key to our approach. Only in this way do we ensure that our air meters and control boards effectively integrate into the control process and the process of stopping the system safely.
|Gas detection and detection in the oil and gas sector|
Stage 1 – Upstream
- The Upstream area includes exploration and drilling of potential wells, followed by the recovery and production of crude oil and natural gas if it is feasible.
- Gas hazards in this area are combined by the harshest environments, presenting challenges for reliable detection of toxic gases. Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR), this unique technology and method is allowed access to new geographical areas, as well as improving the level of recovery resources in known reservoirs.
Gas detection in upstream area
- Handheld gas detectors and fixed gas probes are equipped to protect plants and employees from risks of flammable gas emissions (usually methane) as well as high levels of hydrogen sulphide, especially from sour wells. The deterioration of oxygen, sulfur dioxide and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are also the most common gas risks.
Stage 2 – Midstream
- The main work of the Midstream process is transportation and storage. The raw product is kept in the storage area until ready for the next process or shipped to the refinery.
- Maintaining the integrity of storage and transportation vessels as well as protecting employees during cleaning, cleaning and pumping is an ongoing challenge in this process.
Gas detection in the Midstream area
- Fixed gas detectors help monitor flammable gases located near pressure reducers, cargo and adjacent areas, providing early warning of local leaks. Handheld gas detectors maintain personal safety, especially in limited space work as well as support inspection of other hazardous areas.
- Infrared gas probe technology supports cleaning areas with the ability to operate in remote atmospheres, and reliable detection in areas where pellistor-type probes will be inactive due to poisoning or large volume exposure.
- Handheld laser methane detection machines allow leakage locations at long distances for hard-to-reach areas, reducing the need for employees to enter hazardous environments or hazardous situations while performing routine monitoring or leak tracking.
Stage 3 – Downstream
- The Downstream stage refers to the refining and processing of crude gas and crude oil, and then the distribution and sale of post-refined products. These products can include aircraft fuel, diesel fuel, asphalt and coke.
Gas detection in downstream area
- The desire to reduce energy consumption, increase operational efficiency, has caused equipment manufacturers to innovate both the principles of detection and the use of power. Detectors use modern technologies to provide the top optimal power consumption for each device.
- The increased manpower in the plant and the large number of toxic and flammable gases used and produced increase the potential risk. Some risks can be mitigated by ensuring the use of durable and reliable handheld air meters, tailored to the requirements of each individual on site. Equipment group management tools such as bump tests, on-site reports and calibrations also need to be provided.
- The need to reduce maintenance time but ensure safety, especially during downtime and turning, ensures that gas detection equipment manufacturers must provide easy-to-use solutions, simple training, reduced maintenance time with local services and support.
Trans by TESIN VIETNAM