The answer is “Depending on user needs”. In essence, the Chinese gas detector is still a machine that can display gas concentrations in the area to be measured. However, it is necessary to consider whether the result is credible or not?
PROS AND CONS OF CHINA GAS DETECTOR:
- As cheap as 1/2 of a meter of the same type
- Full CO, CQ, even explosion prevention certificates
- 4-gas measuring machine: Explosion, O2, CO and H2S
- The shelf life is short, about 1/2 to 1/5 of the GAS meter of the EU, US or Japan.
- There is no registration certificate, so it is not suitable for seagoing vessels.
- The measurement results are not reliable. If used, it is recommended to bring it to the authorities for re-inspection.
- High range calibration gas bottle requirements (usually not available in Vietnam)
- Do not integrate suction pumps, if using human suction pumps, it is non-explosive.
Conclusion: Do not use it for the following reasons:
- If only purchased for yes: The machine life is very short, due for regular annual inspection often the machine has broken the O2 measuring sensor already.
- Although cheap is 1/2 of a good gas detector, but the service life is very low, by the 2nd year is a higher price than a good gas detector.
- Interrupting work because it is often necessary to check if it is damaged?
- If used for seagoing vessels: Some re registered agencies do not accept because there is no suitable certificate for the seagoing vessel.
- Inaccurate measurements are often more dangerous than not measured.
- Calibration is complicated because it is difficult to buy suitable gas bottles.
- Non-explosive suction pumps, which are dangerous for tankers and chemicals.
See also BX616 Gas detector
Written by TES Industry